Turn, Turn, Turn

It’s that time again. “To everything (turn, turn, turn) /There is a season (turn, turn, turn) /And a time for every purpose, under heaven/A time to be born, a time to die/A time to plant, a time to reap/A time to kill, a time to heal/A time to laugh, a time to weep” And a time to blog.
I just realized it’s been almost two weeks since I last updated. I feel like such a hypocrite since I’m always getting after all of you to blog more often. But in all fairness, I really haven’t had much time. I ironically only update while I’m at work. And since I was in a workshop for almost the whole week last week, I really didn’t have the time. And I don’t really have anything to blog about. Austin had a good birthday. I got him good presents (which he wrote about on his own blog). And a good time was had by all. My own birthday is now approaching. (In three days, including today.) It’s kinda hard having my birthday so soon after Austin’s because I feel sorta like an afterthought. I reminded my dad yesterday about my birthday:
“Didn’t we just celebrate your birthday?”
“No, Dad, that was Austin.”
Sigh. I don’t blame Austin. He does his very best to make me feel special and stuff. I’m just glad I’m not a twin, and I don’t have to share my exact birthday. (Though I’m sure many would be okay with that. I’m just weird in that my birthday is important to me because it’s important for me to feel special.)
This weekend Austin and I washed our cars. It was fun, and I was glad to finally get it done. Our cars, especially Austin’s, really needed a good cleaning. Austin’s car still needs more done to the interior, but the condition is much improved. (I can now put my feet on the floor without kicking stuff around.) We also went to Costco (with the help of Dad who helped get us accounts. Thanks, Dad!) where we stocked up on beef, cheese, and chicken. Austin and I also spent the whole weekend watching the entire first season of Arrested Development which Austin had bought using his birthday money from my parents. It’s a hi-larious show. I don’t remember the last time I laughed so hard so genuinely (and unexpectedly) at a TV show. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend checking it out. It’s good, quirky, dysfunctional fun.
Austin and I have also started walking. The weather is finally nice, so we have made a goal to walk about 30 minutes three times a week. I know it won’t totally make the pounds go away, but it is at least a start. I love walking, and I’m enjoying the outdoors.

Comments

lynette said…
LOVE Arrested Development! That show cracks me up! I love how all the story lines connect. I think Buster and Gob are my favorites...
Jen said…
Tracie, I love you!!! I am the same about birthday's especially mine. So I know just how you feel. When I was little my dad would make me share father's day and my birthday together, as a joke. It wasn't so funny. :O) I like a special day once a year!!! Aren't we both intitled to it! Love ya
Charlo said…
I'm glad you didn't mary your twin.

my anniversary is 5 days after my birthday. That was an honest accident. They are in different months, so I didn't realize it until a week or so before my birthday.
Charity said…
kudos to you on the walking. I think it'll do a lot for your overall health. We really need to start doing that too. And Arrested Development has to be the greatest show ever canceled. I love Buster. Ah, Buster.
Heather said…
I know what you mean by wanting to feel special on your birthday. The mom (or eventually for you) is usually overlooked on her birthday, having to make her own cake etc.

Walking with your spouse sounds awesome. I miss the days when I can just go out the door with my hubby.

Never seen Arrested Development. You and Austin are certainly filling me in lately on all the TV shows I have never heard about or watched. I am still trying catch my regular Smallville show, I missed all the Thursday episodes since January!
Kris said…
Dad and I always wanted to make our kids' birthday to be special to them. I never was treated special for my birthday. When I was old enough, if I wanted a birthday cake, l would have to make it myself. I like specialness on my own day, but the feeling is not as strong as it used to be. Maybe it's because you really don't want to get older when you are my age. :) Knowing Austin, Tracie, he will make your day special, I'm sure of it. Happy 24th. I love my bubbly girl!
Austin said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACIE!!!
JanB said…
Happy Birthday, Tracie!
I hope you were treated like a queen.
I know that feeling of wanting to feel special. I hope you did today!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2