Daily Exercise

(3 posts in a day!)

I’ve recently made the decision that I was going to work out every day. No matter what. No excuses. Every.single.day. It doesn’t matter how long I exercise or what exercise I do. The main thing I wanted to focus on was to create a habit of exercise in my life. Though I do want to lose weight, that is no longer my objective. My objective is to become healthier just by incorporating daily exercise into my life. So far, I’m doing pretty good. Fourteen days in a row now. Some days have been longer or more vigorous sessions. Some have been just a walk around the block. But I have done it, every day, for the past 14 days. Though I haven’t lost any weight yet (I’ve actually gained a pound), I can definitely feel changes. My body is getting stronger and firmer. My endurance is increasing. I feel better. I’m sleeping a little better as well. And the only thing I’ve changed is incorporating at least 10 minutes of daily exercise. Though I’m trying to eat better, I’m not really focusing on it right now. I’m going to keep doing this for a few weeks and then I’m going to start working on my diet. It’s always been too hard I think to start off consistently exercising and eating well. I’ve almost always given up after a few weeks because it’s too many changes at once. Or, I’ve gotten frustrated by not seeing any weight come off. Thus, the new plan: Work on one thing at a time. Make exercise a habit and then start focusing on diet. Also, instead of just focusing on losing weight (though I would still like to), I’ve found it much more positive to focus on becoming healthy. Maybe 10 minutes of exercise this day and 20 minutes another day won’t make me lose weight right away but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth anything or that it isn’t doing anything for me. I believe that any exercise at any time is good for your body. What’s even better is when the exercise is consistent. These are the thoughts that have led me on a quest for every day exercise. Who wants to join me?

Comments

Austin said…
I didn't know I had a choice to join you. ;)

but I concur, exercising is improving both our health and endurance and I'm proud of you and grateful you're there to kick my butt into shape.
Lechelle said…
Good for you Tracie!

(I just found your blog, I haven't seen you in so long!)
Jen said…
Good Job Tracie!!! Keep up the good work on your path to healthy living!
Charity said…
Yay for exercise!
Lechelle said…
Please do! I plan to add you :)
Great idea! I think changing the perscective is really good thinking! You are so smart!
Kris said…
Proud of you Tracie for setting a goal and sticking to it. That's the hard part, making a decision and then sticking to it. Way to go. Keep up the good work of exercise. I agree wholeheartedly that exercise can benefit us in so many ways. Happy walking!!
Amanda said…
Tracie, your a good example to all of us! I'll join you in this treck to get healthy and strong!

it was fun to visit with you and Austin at the BBQ on friday!

Here's a tip for when you do start thinking about diet,Write down everything you eat! The Daily plate is a good site, (or there are other free services out there.) i've really enjoyed using that.

another way... when you eat, (dinner breakfast lunch) instead of using the large dinner plates... use the small salad plates, (or small bowls, or just eat half of what you normally would, and save the rest for later)... and don't go back for seconds, drink a tall glass of water!
Amanda said…
oops i mean on saturday. don't kno what i was thinking...
Charlo said…
Also, It also doesn't mean you haven't prevented yourself from gaining more weight.

Exercising every day, even just a short walk, is a hard habit to develop. I've tried. I should try again. I will think about it. Props to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2