D-day

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. You'll be happy to know that I'm feeling MUCH better today. The combination of a good night's sleep, seeing my mom, getting the house cleaned (thanks Mom), seeing my doula, and receiving calls and comments of encouragement has made all the difference.

From everyone I've talked to, it's pretty normal to be wavering between two extremes at this point. (My extremes being "totally ready" and "freaking out.")

So D-day is today. And I'm not surprised that Morgan's not here yet. I really didn't think he was coming early. I'm thinking he may make his appearance sometime later this week. If not, I'm willing to bet he won't be any later than the end of next week. We'll see if "mother's intuition" pays off this time.

I'm enjoying my leave from work. I'm still home most of the time, but it's nice to not feel like there's something I'm "supposed" to be doing. No deadlines, no meetings. It's relaxing. We're pretty much done with everything. I just need to pack my hospital bag and finish up a few things. Other than that, it's just a waiting game at this point. I'm just trying to relax. I have a few projects I'm working on to keep me busy. I plan to get caught up on blogging. I'm playing my guitar. I'm practicing my pain-coping/relaxation techniques. I finally dropped my wedding pictures off to be developed. (Yep, three years after the fact.) I'll be putting them in an album later this week. If anyone else is bored during the day, you're welcome to come join me.

As an update to my search for Crocs, I still haven't found a pair. I've now added three more stores to my list. (Yes, Heather, I went to Sports Authority. Nada.) There were some at Parks, but none in my size. (They were either 4-5 or 12-13.) They were getting rid of the last of their Crocs and had no plans on getting more. I should have bought a pair two years ago I guess. They are still available online, but they're more money then I'm willing to spend. Plus, I hate not being able to try on shoes before I buy. Oh well. I guess I'll just try to survive until my feet stop swelling and then I'll buy all new cute shoes. (I really need new shoes, but I don't want to buy any right now because I have no idea what size my feet will be postpartum.)

I'll keep everyone posted. Since I've got the time, I'll probably be blogging more frequently. So check back often.

UPDATE: After looking everywhere, I managed to find a pair of Crocs. Of course, I wasn't looking for them at the time. Austin and I were getting produce at Sunflower Market. And lo and behold, Crocs...in my size. So this adventure is now over since I bought a lime green pair.

Comments

Mark said…
green is AJ's favorite color (although he refuses to get a pair of Crocs for himself)
And June 13 is my Uncle Jim Randels' birthday, so maybe this Saturday?
We love you and miss you.
Cheryl said…
I'm glad you are feeling better Tracie. I just read your last post and I was worried about you and then I read this one. It's so normal to feel overwhelmed. I knew when my first two were coming, and that was scary too. Ready or not. Here you go.
It's scary, but I remember, my friend gave me the most simple, but best advise I ever got. She told me to just enjoy it. Enjoy every minute. Don't stress. It's going to be one of the best days of your life. Even if it happens in the middle of the night, or things don't go exactly how you plan, just go with the flow. Let your day play out how it's supposed to and enjoy it.
I loved that. And I kept that running through my head, even when scary times came up. I just remembered, I can do this and I am going to enjoy this day. It's my day and my son's coming. Make sure everyone around you stays calm as well. It will help you stay calm.
You will do awesome.
We'd love to come visit you today or tomorrow, which ever would work better for you. (if you haven't had him yet)
Heather said…
I wish I lived closer, and we could hang out, putting pictures in albums.

And enjoying my hot pink Crocs and your lime green Crocs on our feet.

(my previous pair were lime green!)

Just keep busy and relax. Everything that Cheryl said. Esp about going with the flow! Seth came so early, and I was so NOT ready, bags and all. But everything still went great.

Here is a piece of advice: batteries and camera card. Not just the rechargable batteries. Get the ready to use Lithium Engergizer batteries and buy two packs. Nothing worse than having to wait to charge batteries when you should be taking pics at the hospital.

Other good news- shortly before when you are ready to go home with Morgan, give Austin a real hug. You will be surprised at how good it feels again after not having that baby bump any more from the last few months.
Charlo said…
Sometimes I think it would be easier if they didn't assign due dates... but rather vague time periods. (sometime mid june to mid july)... but that might stress some people out more than an exact date... i just think of how crazy that would feel as soon as the exact date came... and how every day you waited after that would feel more stressful.

I say just make plans... to go out for ice cream, to rent a movie with friends, etc. then your not just sitting around waiting. People will have to understand if a birth interrupts your previous plans.

This, of course, is coming from the childless one, so feel free to mock my naive suggestions at a later date and time.What the heck. Mock me now. I can take it.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2