Saying Goodbye to One Experience

Well, I did it. I made it through my first pregnancy. I still feel like I'm dreaming a bit. All the waiting is finally over. I'm a mommy.

I'm SO glad to not be pregnant anymore, but a bit sad too surprisingly.

Things I will miss about being pregnant:

1. Feeling my baby move around inside of me - from the first little flips, to the kicks, to the rolling from side to side
2. Feeling more feminine and more of a woman than I've ever felt before
3. Playing the pregnant card (of course now I can play the "I just had a baby" card.)
4. Not trying to lose weight or worrying too much about weight in general
5. Relating to all the other pregnant women out there
6. Having people ask me how I'm feeling

Things I will NOT miss about being pregnant:

1. Morning sickness, nausea, vomiting
2. Not being able to eat certain foods
3. Charlie horses, leg cramps, back cramps
4. headaches, bloating, heartburn
5. Going pee every hour or more
6. Not being able to get out of bed or bend over
7. Getting exhausted from standing
8. Wearing the same six shirts
9. Swollen feet, ankles, and nose
10. Answering the same questions over and over (When are you due? What are you having?)
11. Dealing with pushy salespeople at Motherhood Maternity

I've already felt a few gas bubbles that felt like a baby and then I had to tell myself that it wasn't my baby anymore. My belly feels so empty. But holding my baby in my arms is much, much better.

Comments

Heather said…
Yea! Being non-pregnant now is the best feeling, after of course holding the very thing/person that made it all worth it! I can't wait to hold Morgie soon too! (so I am working on a nickname for my newest nephew, but not to sure about Morgie. I am think "The Doc" or Doctor. (MD initials) or even Dr. B)
Kris said…
Yeah, being not pregnant and getting the prize at the end is the best. And of course he's just the cutest!
Tracie, after hearing what you went through, you are my new hero! I think that you are totally amazing:) I was wondering if you were going to post any pictures of Morgan on your blog or if it was just going to be mostly on his own? Congratulations on your new arrival to your little family! love, Malisa
BrItTnEeaNN said…
Well how are you feeling now? Are you and the baby ready to be seen yet? I can't wait to see you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Untitled