Piece of Fiction

I interrupt this message (and everything else I need to do right now, including finishing other very long, important posts and a book-long reply to an email) to post this.

This is a link to a short story on Glass of Random, written by ME.

This is the first piece of fiction I have written in 7 years. It's not polished or anything, but it's done for now. I wrote it in one night (not that impressive considering it's two pages long).

This is a HUGE DEAL to me. Why? Because I have always loved to write, as soon as I could put pen to paper and form words. I spent much of my childhood writing silly stories, plays, and poems, loving every minute of it. But I have been afraid to write for years, ever since after having a disastrous creative writing class at BYU. Since then I have been so afraid of failure that I haven't even tried to write for a long time, too long.

So this was scary and wonderful and frightening and exhilarating for me to do.

I didn't realize how very much I missed the feeling of writing until I printed it off for Austin to read and I started to cry. Yes, I cried. It's a stupid silly story and I'm sure I'll look back later and laugh hysterically at how crappy it is. But I think the light bulb in the dusty, dark attic of my heart has been turned back on. Everything is right where I left it. So it's time to pick up where I left off.

Comments

Austin said…
The journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step, and when YOU'RE writing, it's like FIVE steps! ;)

It's a wonderful story, honey. See GlassofRandom and my email to you to see my comments.
HayLee said…
I can not see it, I need an invite.
Charlo said…
Good for you. You have to write every day to do your writing stretches.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2