More Tracieness

This is for those people who can’t get enough of the wonderful wackiness that is Tracie, and those that are bored and need something to do and wish Tracie would blog more dang it! I read Amanda’s list, and thought “hey, why not?” Some people might already know these, but tough biscuits. Read it anyway and enjoy. WARNING: This is very long, but enjoy anyway.

75 Random Bits of Tracie:

1. My favorite color is green and has been for several years now. As recently as a couple of years ago, my mom thought it was red for some reason. (I was 8 the last time red was my favorite color.) Other favorite colors I have had include red and hot pink. (This, again, was when I was younger. When I was about 12 I LOATHED the color pink. Around 18 or so I fell back in love with pink.)

2. Nicknames I have had over the years (some are extinct): Trace (I actually hated Trace until I was about 16 and then I started liking it for some reason), TLee, TJ, Teej, Monkey, Pumpkin, Princess, Pwincess, TMAC, Doodle Queen, Tray (don’t you care call me this!), Hot Queen Babe, Goth, and Tracie the Destroyer. There may be more.

3. I HATED jeans when I was younger and wore stretch pants until sixth grade. No wonder I didn’t have any friends. I mean, I had hot pink stretch pants!

4. I played with Barbies until I was 16.

5. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).

6. I fart more than my husband does. (Embarrassing but true, and mostly attributable to #5.)

7. I never tried out for anything during junior high and high school.

8. I didn’t have my first kiss until I was two weeks from turning 18. My first thought was “It’s wet” followed by “oh, I should probably try kissing back”.

9. I hate carrots and told my friends in grade school that I was allergic to them so they would quit offering them to me.

10. I can’t really hear out of my left ear. Thus why I make people sit or stand on my right side so I don’t constantly have to keep my head turned.

11. I got glasses in the 3rd grade. My first pair were huge blue round things that swallowed my face.

12. I can trace the beginning of my depression of the ages 10–17 to when we moved. It changed and impacted my whole life. I probably would have been different had we never moved. Fortunately, I am now over it.

13. I was a goody-goody until junior year of high school which is when I started talking more in class to be “rebellious” and viewed as “cool.”

14. I have always had a very active imagination. I wrote and performed plays when I was younger with my friends, made up imaginary games, and could pretend just about anything.

15. I have really bad stage fright. Even when I feel comfortable and prepared I can’t stop my legs from trembling and my hands shaking.

16. My stage fright has prevented me from doing things with my love of singing and acting.

17. I love to sing and have finally become convinced I have a good voice. I practice often to improve.

18. I love to read and have ever since the day I learned how. I have read a wide variety of materials. I was reading huge novels by the age of 8. In second grade my favorite book was The New Book of Knowledge: Volume A. My favorite genre is probably science fiction and fantasy although I really enjoy medical thrillers and literary stuff as well. I love to read the newspaper and not just for the comics. I read all the headlines to stay posted on what’s going on and then read the articles that most interest me.

19. I have never been in a car accident (Knock on wood).

20. I am mildly superstitious though have become less so over the years.

21. I love nature although I am not an “outdoorsy” type. I don’t really like hiking for the physicalness of it. I prefer to slowly explore and meander and discover brooks and streams and cool rocks and wildlife and beautiful plants and flowers. I am moved by sunsets and the beauty of nature. I love to just bask in its grandeur. However, I am a girl of convenience and enjoy bathrooms, hot showers, and being clean. So I prefer to look at nature more than get dirty in it. (Though I do like to climb and explore and sometimes getting dirty is inevitable.)

22. Other subjects I considered majoring in besides English: Psychology and interior design. I am also very interested in art, photography, music, the culinary arts, ASL, and geology.

23. I love to learn. I hate homework and going to classes, but I love to learn.

24. I taught myself to read music, play piano, and guitar. (Though Heidi helped with piano and she and my dad both helped with guitar.) I’m not very good, but I love it.

25. I have never found a true four-leaf clover. To this day, I still stop every once in a while to look for one.

26. I still like to color and doodle.

27. Austin says I am really good with color, that is, that I have a good grasp of how and what colors should go together and use them well.

28. I love music and wish I listened to it more. I’ve never been one to have a radio playing all the time. In fact, I live in silence a lot. And I’m okay with that because loud noises really bother me.

29. Music can strike me so profoundly that I am brought to tears.

30. Reading newspaper stories and watching TV also often brings me to tears. I am a crybaby. Thanks, Mom.

31. I am a lousy sleeper. I am a really light sleeper and the slightest thing can wake me up. It takes me a half hour on most nights to get sleep, sometimes more. I wake often in the night and am tired on a fairly consistent basis. My body prefers about 8 ½ hours of sleep, but I get about 6–7 on most days.

32. I love to sleep and to dream. I almost always remember my dreams and, as Austin can tell you, I usually have really strange dreams. They are usually highly creative, imaginative, and complicated. I used to write “novels” about my dreams when I was a teenager.

33. I really want to be a published author someday. Austin and I are working on a fantasy trilogy that is going to be simply awesome.

34. I really love to edit and wish I could edit fiction because I think I have a real gift for it. I’m really excited to work as Austin’s editor.

35. I really want to travel to Australia someday. I don’t know why, but I’ve always wanted to go there. HayLee and I made a pact when we were younger that we’d go someday.

36. HayLee and I are 1 year 11 months 9 days and 12 hours apart.

37. I have weak ankles (thanks again, mom) and have sprained my ankle numerous times (at least twice severely.)

38. I have broken exactly one bone. I broke my finger playing basketball in high school but didn’t realize I had broken it until years later. I thought I had just “jammed” it. So now my middle finger on my right hand is crooked and will remain so since I don’t want to break it to fix it.

39. I told everyone in third grade that my middle name was Ariel and refused to budge when my best friend didn’t believe me. We actually were in a fight for a long time about it.

40. The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies ever. I know every line. When I was younger I had the movie, the cassette tape, a poster, shoes, shirt, and underwear. I was obsessed. I now have a little Ariel doll and an Ariel charm and, of course, the special edition DVD.

41. I try not to kill bugs, unless they climb on me or come inside my house. Then, they die. I actually feel remorse if I kill a potato bug, so I always watch where I’m stepping to prevent bug-deaths.

42. I love to cook. One day I hope to take some culinary classes.

43. I also plan on going to massage therapy school someday, just for fun.

44. I used to LOVE rootbeer. My favorite kinds include Mugs, Howie’s, 5 Buck Primo, Fanta, and A&W. The reason I say “used” is because I don’t drink pop anymore. I have some every now and then, but in general, I avoid all carbonated beverages. They make me sick.

45. I used to be allergic to strawberries when I was younger, which was sad because I LOVED them. My mom would hide them in the backroom and I would sneak and eat them. She’d always find out though cuz I would break out in hives.

46. I am allergic to grass and dust, but only mildly so. I used to get hay fever when I was younger, but my allergies have gotten less and less severe over the years.

47. I almost always sneeze in threes. And usually I don’t sneeze the same way during the same sneeze “session”.

48. I love Superman. I like Smallville (though it is greatly deteriorated in the last few years). I cried the day Christopher Reeve died. I was depressed. I love Lois & Clark. When I was a teenager I was OBSESSED with the show. I love the Superman movies (though I wasn’t too fond of Superman Returns for various reasons.) I love the book The Life & Death of Superman based on the 1996 comic series. I plan to get the book based on Lois & Clark. I also plan to catch up on Superman comics someday. Though it may not be possible to read them, I’d like to find out the various changes Superman has been through and the basic storyline plots.

49. I am a slight hypochondriac. I always think I am sick or have cancer or some other disease.

50. I “developed” early and HATED the fact that I had to wear a bra. I even told my mother one day, “Where in the constitution does it say I have to wear a bra?”

51. I love rollercoasters, but I hate rides that go around and around and around. They make me sick.

52. I have had the following conditions: food poisoning, bronchitis, strep throat, chicken pox, and various flus and colds.

53. My favorite shows growing up (at various ages): Tiny Toons, Rugrats, Doug, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Clarissa Explains It All, Lois & Clark, Hey Arnold, Fraggle Rock, Smurfs, My Little Pony, Chip & Dale, DuckTales, Punky Brewster, Full House, Sliders, SeaQuest, Seinfeld, Friends, Simpsons, and others I’m sure.

54. My favorite shows now: Scrubs, Friends, Simpsons, CSI (the original one), Lois & Clark, King of Queens, Smallville (this is starting to decrease), What Not to Wear, Good Eats, and Iron Chef.

55. I designed my own wedding ring, and though it didn’t turn out quite the way I wanted it to, I still get many compliments on it.

56. I like to talk during movies, which is okay cuz so does Austin. We make funny comments and observations and critique the movie as we’re watching it.

57. I have what Austin calls periodic “food obsessions” or “flavors of the month.” Currently they are Fro-Yo, bagels (particularly Einstein’s), and water. Though I’m starting to fall off the fro-yo band wagon.

58. I often get really excited about something and it becomes my new obsession for a while. In the last few years I have been obsessed with The Sims, The Sims 2, World of Warcraft, Diablo II, blogging, facebook, livejournal, googlechat, Barenaked Ladies, Neopets (embarrassingly) , addictinggames.com, and more I’m sure.

59. I’m a true believer in the expression “It’s better to regret something you did, than something you didn’t.”

60. I also believe in “It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”

61. My hair changes color depending on the lighting; it can look anything from a reddish-gold color to a medium brown.

62. I can’t go anywhere without lip gloss or chapstick and gum. In fact I’m seriously stressed if I forget either.

63. I’ve been told I look beautiful when I cry.

64. I’m not the most photogenic person in the world.

65. I have a woman crush on Elizabeth Hurley. I find her very attractive for some reason.

66. Since meeting Austin I’m not as picky about food and am more daring to try new things. I used to be a “hamburger and fries only” type of girl. I’d order the same thing everywhere I went. I have now tried sushi, shrimp, lobster, Greek cuisine, and other fun stuff.

67. I’m putting this in only because Austin wanted me to. Okay, according to Austin I am the world’s best kisser, I’m sexier than I think, and I have the world’s smoothest, softest skin.

68. I love to laugh and am so glad I married someone who makes me laugh every day.

69. I have kissed 7 guys (Austin is the 7th) and have had 4 boyfriends.

70. I have never dumped anyone, I’ve only been dumped.

71. I’ve had 2 different stalkers: Tim & Psycho John

72. I can successfully juggle two balls.

73. I don’t shave my thighs and never have.

74. My hair has caught on fire exactly once.

And last but not least,

75. I still have a little stuffed dog named Rover that I’ve had since I was about 5. I knot up his ears and he looks like an 80s new reporter.

Comments

cr99ist03in said…
In response to #48: I LOVE Lois and Clark. I also was obsessed as a teenager. It's Christmastime again so you know what that means: Seasons Greedings!!!
kristyl104 said…
Loved reading about YOU Tracie. I have to add 10 more things that you missed:
1. You have beautiful eyes.
2. You have a great smile.
3. You are sensitive to others.
4. You love to talk. You started talking early and have not quit your fast talking. You talk about things that are interesting to listen to. (Except the retelling of your dreams, too long :)
5. You aren't afraid to try new things, and learn new things.
6. You are a wonderful aunt to your nieces and nephews, and they love you.
7. You are smart.
8. You care about your environment.
9. You do bite your nails and still do.
10. You are going to be a great mother someday.
Love you Tracie!! Mom
kristyl104 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said…
Looks like we have more in common than I thought:

Number 1: i loved green all my life, and now I love red too.

Number 7, 10, 18, 21, 23, : Me too!

Number 25: found a four leaf clover in 6th grade on the Sharon Park boundary line during recess.

Number 26, 29, 31, 38, 40, Me too!

Number 62: !!!

Number 73, 58, 48, 44

Number 55: Ryan designed my ring.

That's all folks!!
Amanda said…
These were very entertaining to read my dear- you make me laugh! However, if you are going to go and borrow ideas from my blog, then the world needs to know that my list had 101 things- so I believe that you owe us all 26 more!! :)
Austin said…
That's awesome, Tracie! Count me in as one of the people that can't get enough of the awesomeness that is Tracie. In fact, I'm the club president.

Wow, that's quite a list! Glad you included what I wrote too, and impressed that I didn't know 2 of those things!
Heidi Ferguson said…
who doesn't have a woman crush on elizabeth hurley.
Seth said…
ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Charlo said…
your nickname was goth?

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Untitled