Post -Thanksgiving

After reading Heather's post, I am also moping. I'm really glad I got an opportunity to say goodbye to Heather and to Leah, but am sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to Ryan or the boys. I'm also sad that I didn't have more time to spend with the Powell family. It really was too short. But there will be other times. Austin and I would like to visit again. (I'm sure that will make Leah happy.)

I'm really glad that Austin and I decided to go to Arizona. It was worth the long trip. I only wish we could've spent more time together. Things are always crazy around holidays.

I loved your home Heather. It gave me a lot of ideas on how I want to decorate. It helped me figure out a little more what my own personal style is. I love the decoration we made. It looks supercute on my entertainment center.

I am SO excited for Christmas this year! Austin and I bought our very first tree. We couldn't afford one last year. (All the cheap ones disappeared.)

Anyway, here's a short breakdown on Austin and me's trip to Arizona. Tuesday night we slept over HayLee and Justin's house on our brand new air mattress we had just bought. We woke up and were on the road by four a.m. I attempted to sleep, gave up around 7:30, and watched the sunrise with Justin. It was really beautiful. Then I sat in the car for another 9 hours begging HayLee to let me have a potty break. We got to Heather and Ryan's house around 4:30 and just chilled and ate food. The next day was Thanksgiving and so food was cooked and I made my homemade cranberry sauce again, which everyone loved. Ryan had invited over a nonmember older man who was alone. He was a nice man, and I think he enjoyed being part of the festivities. We ate lots of pie. I felt myself getting fatter.

I don't remember what we did Friday. We ate dad's soup, did karaoke, and some of the family went and saw Beowulf, which everyone hated. Austin and I stayed home and got in the hot tub. Saturday we went to a swap meet which was kinda fun and I bought some knockoff Sharpie pens "Shoupies." Hey, they were $2 for 24 pens! Plus, I like my Shoupies. Then we went and saw Enchanted, which Austin and I loved. It was cute, funny, and entertaining. I was smiling through the whole movie. I want to get the soundtrack (and the movie too eventually). Then we went to some greasy place that I don't remember the name of. Luke's I think. Yeah, my arteries exploded there. Then we went home and made our craft and did some more karaoke. A good time was had by all. Sunday we drove home all day. I was so tired. I didn't get much sleep the whole trip. It'll take me all week to catch up.

So, yeah, it was a fun trip, and I hope Austin and I can visit again. Leah was permanently attached to either Austin or Mocha the whole time.

Stay tuned later this week for Part Four of the Tracie & Austin Story!

Comments

lynette said…
Glad to hear you had a family filled Thanksgiving--something to be thankful for.
Heather said…
laughed my head off about Luke's! didn't like the food.

however it is Ryan's fav place and i told him to just continue going there with guy friends and to leave me and my family out of it.
Heidi Ferguson said…
Wow, I didn't know they have knock-off Sharpies. I guess you know you're truly posh when you use a Sharpie now.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Untitled