Head Over Feet

No, this isn't the Tracie & Austin story. That's still to come. I did start writing it, but it's going to be big. BIG I tell you!

Anyway, I just wanted to share a brief moment from yesterday. I was driving home from work (Sigh...still isn't the funnest thing) and listening to Alanis Morisette's "Head Over Feet." I love this song. The song perfectly addresses my feelings from when Austin and I were dating. So listening to it again I was struck with a profound and deep feeling of how much I really, truly love Austin. Tears almost came to my eyes and goosebumps covered my flesh. I love you, Austin! You really did win me over. :)

Lyrics:

I had no choice but to hear you
You stated your case time and again
I thought about it

You treat me like I'm a princess
I'm not used to liking that
You ask how my day was

(chorus)
You've already won me over in spite of me
Don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault

Your love is thick and it swallowed me whole
You're so much braver than I gave you credit for
Thats not lip service

(repeat chorus)

You are the bearer of unconditional things
You held your breath and the door for me
Thanks for your patience

You're the best listener that I've ever met
You're my best friend
Best friend with benefits
What took me so long

I've never felt this healthy before
I've never wanted something rational
I am aware now
I am aware now

You've already won me over in spite of me
Don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault


I wish I could attach the song, but I don't know how to do that. Anyway, if you have the song, listen to it. It's good stuff. :)

Comments

lynette said…
I love that song! I've had the same sort of thing happen to me. I'll hear a song, a story, or a poem and be so thankful that I have Ammon in my life. Isn't love wonderful.
Anonymous said…
awwwwwww...I LOVE it!!! I know that Austin loves you so much, and being his mother, I am so happy knowing that you love him, too!

Love, Mom B
Heather said…
That kind of stuff happens to me all the time with Ryan.

It is not usually a song, but a color or smell that brings me back.

A expression that Ryan uses, and or cute wink.

A story, a show on TV...

I am just so glad that I picked Ryan to be my husband.
Amanda said…
You are so cute. Thank you for this little story. It kind of makes me want to find reasons today to think about how much I love Ross. I am awaiting the whole story of you and Austin with great anticipation, since I pretty much know nothing about it.
kristyl104 said…
Always thought you were a romantic Tracie! Now It's totally confirmed. You have passed me up in the utter romantic field. You are lucky to have each other. Two peas from the same pod. Love ya both.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the blog. Ahh, nothing could make a grandmother happier than to know her grandson is really loved. We love you too Tracie. Nana
Austin said…
You make me head over feet too, my princess bride. I LOVE YOU!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Untitled