Okay, I got this from Amanda. I’m also going to combine it with the Christmas quiz that Jen sent around.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, though I do like getting gift bags so I can reuse them later.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial, and prelit. I really don’t understand why you’d still want a real tree these days. It’s more practical, economic, clean, and reusable.
3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving sometime.
4. When do you take the tree down? Probably after New Year’s.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Keyboard that I really, really wanted
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Not yet
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. Good thing I don’t have to anymore since I’m just going to donate to my parents’ mission fund from now on for gifts.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Austin is actually pretty easy to shop for.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Don’t really know. Most gifts have been pretty good.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I don’t do either, but I’m thinking about starting to…
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone I & II, The Grinch, The Santa Clause
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Used to a week before Christmas, this year I started beginning of November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Who hasn’t?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the yummy food.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Silent Night, What Child Is This?
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? I like to do both, but I’m looking forward to staying home this year. It’s our first Christmas with a tree.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think, let’s see there’s Dasher, Dancer, and Prancer and Vixen. Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blixen, and of course I recall, the most famous reindeer of all, Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Pjs on Christmas Eve, open presents Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Driving, traffic, commercialism
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Reading a Christmas story on Christmas Eve, having the whole family together, opening stockings Christmas morning, getting new pjs
24. Up early or sleeping in? In general? Or for Christmas morning? In general I like to sleep in. On Christmas morning I loved getting up early when I was younger, but now that I’m older I prefer to sleep in. Get more sleep and makes the morning last longer.
25. Who hands out the gifts? At my parent’s house, my dad does.
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? Growing up, yes. But Austin grew up in a house that didn’t wrap. We’re going to compromise and do both with our children.
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? No, but I should.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? I did when I was younger.
29. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate for sure! I don't like Egg Nogg. I love Steven's hot chocolate the best. My favorites are Italian Amaretto, Mint, and Orange
30. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I might if I knew where to get it.
31. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 6 or 7. I was helping my parents put groceries in the car and went to put them in the back and they were like "no! don't look back there!" I saw a doll that I wanted and when I got it Christmas morning I deduced that Santa did not exist.
32. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Right now it has white lights and various red and gold ornaments.
33. Snow: Love it or hate it? Both. I love it for Christmas and I love sledding, building snowmen, snowballs, stepping on ice, but I HATE the cold, the wetness, THE EVERENDING WINTER, bad traffic, and slippery roads.
34. Can you ice skate? Not really.
35. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family. Giving presents. I love picking presents for people and seeing their face.
36. Which do you like best giving or receiving? I love giving gifts. I've gone crazy this year buying stuff for Austin. I can't WAIT to see his face. But, of course, I do enjoy getting gifts that are a surprise and perfect for me.
37. Do you like candy canes? Yes.