Fiftieth Post!

I have finally reached my 50th post. After much deliberation on what I should write on for this momentous occasion I decided that I would use this post to gush about my husband, Austin.

I want everyone to know that I am the luckiest girl in the world. “Why?” you ask. The answer: I am married to my best friend. Before I met Austin I used to think and ponder (and occasionally pray) about the kind of man I wanted for my husband. I made lists of husband qualifications in Young Women’s and for various classes along the way. I even wrote a humorous essay one time on what I wanted in a man, “My Ideal Spouse.” All I can say is all these lists and dreaming and pondering did not prepare me for the man I was destined to marry. “Why?” you ask again. Because I never knew that the person I would marry would exceed all the lists I could ever write. I could never have hoped to find a person more practically perfect for me in every way than my dear beloved husband.

And to celebrate and shout to the world my love for Austin, I now share a new list: a list of reasons why Austin is so great and why he is my perfect match.

1. Austin treats me like a princess. He always makes me feel like I’m the most important person in the world.

2. Austin makes me feel like I can do anything. I have never felt so assured. Austin sky rockets my self-esteem past the stratosphere.

3. Austin makes me feel beautiful. It doesn’t matter that I’m not wearing makeup or I’ve gained weight, he loves me for me. (And he never makes me doubt his attraction to me.)

4. Austin is the funniest guy in the world. Seriously. No one has ever made me laugh harder or more frequently than him.

5. Austin makes me happy. I am now a more secure and emotionally balanced person than I ever thought was possible. We have the same dreams and he makes me feel like we can fulfill them together.

6. Austin completes me. When I’m with him I feel like I’ve found the missing piece of me I’ve always been looking for. I can talk to him about anything, no matter how weird, silly, or trivial the subject.

7. Austin is so much fun to be with. It doesn’t matter what we do; I always have more fun just because I’m with him. We have so many of the same interests that I know I will never get bored. We will always find something we can do together.

8. Austin is sweet. He’s kind to other people and does his best to make others feel better about themselves. He’s also a great example of charity. He serves other and he has a generous and compassionate heart.

9. Austin is a great uncle and brother. He is so great with kids and teenagers that I have no doubt he’ll make a wonderful father.

10. Austin is creative. I’ve always wanted to be with someone who thinks outside of the box and isn’t afraid to be silly or different. Austin is imaginative and innovative and is always surprising me.

11. Austin is a very talented writer. Sometimes I get jealous that he is so good, but I’m happy for him and want nothing more than for him to succeed. (And I know he will succeed.)

12. Austin is intelligent. I can’t tell you how many dates I’ve been on where I didn’t like the guy not because he wasn’t cute or nice or whatever but because he was boring. I needed someone who can match wits with me and can debate and converse on many a topic. Austin is this person. He can reason and he can use logic and he can make convincing arguments. He will always keep my mind sharp. He also likes to read which is important to me. I have literally lost interest in someone just because they told me they didn’t like to read. Saying that, in my opinion anyway, is like saying you don’t like to learn. And I needed someone who never wanted to stop learning, a person that every day was a new experience and a new adventure.

13. Austin is attractive. My husband is cute and sexy and downright handsome. He’s also a fantastic dancer.

14. Austin does little things for me. He buys me flowers just because. He brings me food and drinks when I’m lazy. He gets me chocolate when I need it. He massages me when I’m sore. He hugs me when I’m sad. He talks to me when I’m lonely. He warms my feet when they’re cold. He cheers me up when I’m down. He ties my shoes; he opens my door; he helps me clean the house; he pays the bills; he sings with me; he runs errands; he tells me “I love you”; he surprises me with gifts; he exercises with me; he makes me feel wanted and needed.

15. Austin is cuddly and snuggly. There are times that I never feel more content than when I am in his arms. He is comfortable. He is protective. And he’s a great kisser.

This list is only a mere mention of the wonderfulness that is Austin. I really am lucky that I found such an amazing man. I cherish that he is mine, for now and forever. I love him more deeply, more purely, and more passionately than I ever thought was possible. And my love for him continues to increase and grow with every passing day.

Comments

Austin said…
Thank you so much darlin! I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I'm gonna write about you on my 50th post too!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Heather said…
Wow!

I should make a beeline to my blog and write about Ryan!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2