Birthdays Come But Once a Year

“I'm not gonna write you a love song/cuz you asked for it/cuz you need one, you see.” I’ve been singing this over and over lately. Thank you, Austin, for my new Sara Bareilles CD. I absolutely love it.

So I know everyone is dying to know how my birthday went. Well, it went like this: I went to work extremely tired as I couldn’t sleep the night before. (I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep after I went out onto the couch.) I then had my brain squished at work as I spent the second day in a committee review workshop. After nine hours of this I was released and I headed home. At home I received a bouquet of roses from Austin, as well as a salad from Bajio’s for dinner. I also opened my presents. Austin did the best he’s ever done at getting me presents. He got me LOST season 3 (yay!), Friends season 4 (only season 10 left to get now), the aforementioned Sara Bareilles CD, Something Big Has Been Here (a kid's book of poetry that I had and loved as a childe), a Princess Bride talking keychain, Seasons (an expansion pack for the SIMS 2 that I really wanted), and another computer game. He also surprised me by getting my guitar re-stringed. I was excited for that as I had crappy strings and it was way out of tune. It sounds so much better now. Thanks honey! I also received a Symphony bar which has already been devoured.

So after opening my presents I got cleaned up and headed over to my parent’s house where I was presented with the ugliest-looking, best-tasting mint Texas sheet cake ever. I was then regaled with offkey boisterous singing as I blew out my candles. Then came the spumoni. Oh, yes. Spumoni. The best.icecream.ever. Then I opened some presents. Mom & Dad got me a cute necklace with matching earrings and a giftcard to Target, HayLee presented me with the cutest purse, and Tyler & Cheryl bestowed upon Austin and me a gift card to CPK (California Pizza Kitchen for the unfamiliar). (I also earlier received birthday cards and gifts from Austin’s parents and grandparents and my mom’s parents.) Thank you everyone! Thank you all for your thoughts, birthday wishes, cards, and gifts. I think this birthday was a mighty success. And it’s not over yet! Tee-hee! Tonight Austin is taking me on a date and tomorrow night I’m having a party with a few of my friends. I’ll let you know all that all goes at a later date to be determined. Until then I will while away my last few hours of work and prepare to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Comments

Heather said…
I am so glad that you had a WONDERFUL birthday! And I never heard of spumoni, until Austin recently blogged about it. And I swear that ice cream cannot possibly exist. Not with ice cream fanatics we have in the Powell families namely with Bert, Ryan, and Seth. Then I realized, they only, and ONLY are possessed about vanilla icre cream. So... spumoni...

Will have to google it to believe it.

Happy birthday and have a happy weekend!
Amanda said…
Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you got a good guy there. I love Friends and am in the middle of collecting the whole set myself :-)
Charlo said…
So does austin not like birthdays? He didn't have a partay.
Austin said…
I like bday partays, but I just wasn't in the mood for one this year.
Charity said…
Glad you had a good birthday :) I need to hear more about this talking Princess Bride keychain though...

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Untitled