Thanks: One

Many people have complained that I haven’t updated in a while. (Yes, apparently 8 days is the equivalent of an eternity.) Anyway, since I didn’t really have much to write about (since I’m not in the mood to work on The Tracie & Austin story right now) and nothing is really happening in my life, I decided I would write something unique. I have decided that I would take the time to thank all the people in my life. So without further adieu, and in no particular order, here are my thank yous:

(This is going to be a two-part entry since it’s getting ridiculously long…I’ll post part 2 tomorrow)

The first two people I want to thank are my Father in Heaven and my Savior. I thank Heavenly Father for giving me a body and sending me to Earth to a wonderful family where I was born into the covenant. I also thank Heavenly Father for His gospel and for sending His Son. I’m thankful for the beautiful world that I live in with all of its wondrous creations. I’m thankful for my family and for all the blessings I’ve been blessed with. I’m thankful for the Holy Ghost and for the scriptures and for the Restoration. I’m thankful for my Savior that He atoned for my sins and set an example for me to live up to. I’m grateful for the promise of the Resurrection and for the temple. Thank you Heavenly Father and Jesus for all you have done for me and have given me, for giving me help when I’ve needed it and for just being there.

Okay, I said it wasn’t going to be in any particular order. And it won’t be. After these first few entries.

The next people I want to thank are my parents. Thank you, Mom, for giving birth to me. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and for putting up with my incessant chatter. Thanks for all the great advice and for making me feel better on all the bad days. Thank you for cleaning my room and for your help with my homework when I needed it. Thanks for teaching me how to clean. Thanks for taking me shopping and helping me get ready for dates. Thanks for being one of my best friends. Thank you, Dad, for being an example of endurance and sacrifice. Thanks for teaching me to be “anxiously engaged.” Thanks for holding me when I was sad or scared. Thank you for the priesthood blessings when I was sick or anxious or depressed. Thanks for helping me buy my first car. Thanks for the helping me with my financial and work-related problems. Thanks for never letting me be too old to be your little girl. Thank you Mom and Dad for raising me in the gospel. Thanks for always being great parents. Thank you for all your support. And mostly, thank you for the unconditional love you’ve always shown me.

Next I want to thank my husband, Austin. Thank you, Austin, for marrying me and for being my husband. Thank you for understanding me and taking care of me. Thank you for making me feel like the most important thing in the whole world. Thank you for making me feel beautiful for respecting me. Thank you for your kindness and your generosity. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for taking me to the temple. Thank you for your trust and your faith in me. Thank you for your support. Thank you for the sacrifices you make for our family. Thank you for making me sandwiches and for bringing me socks and for opening my door and for playing along and for always making me feel special. Thank you for loving me more than anyone.

Okay, the rest are now not in any particular order. :)

I want to thank Heather for being the kindest, kookiest, kraftiest older sister a girl could hope for. You’ve been a great example to me and I’ve loved getting to know you better and better over the years. Thanks for helping me with my sign language homework. Thanks for doing my hair when I was little and telling me about the “facts of life.”

Thank you, Troy, for being a wise older brother. Thank you for caring about what’s going on in my life and for helping me with my FAFSA and tax-related questions. Thanks for the phone calls and for your support over the years.

Thanks Tyler for being involved in my life. Thank you for the opportunity you gave me to watch your kids. It was a great experience for me. Thanks for the advice you’ve given me and mettling because you really do care. Thanks for teaching me how to stick up for myself.

Thank you Trent for being a protective brother. You always defended me when I was little and always made my 5-year-old self feel safe. Thanks for trusting me to listen as you shared your feelings and troubles when I got older. Thanks for letting me help you with your papers. It was that experience that made me believe that I really could be an editor. Thanks for being a friend.

A big thank-you to all my brothers for taking me out on “dates” when I was younger. It always made me feel special, and I loved spending time with you.

Thank you, HayLee, for being my little sister. Thank you for being my very best friend growing up, for being the person that I could always play with and talk to. Thank you for the memories of a happy childhood. Thank you for always being someone I could trust. Thank you for the many times you have done and cut my hair. You really do have a gift. Thank you for loving me and supporting me when I need it.

Thank you, Taylor, for being my little brother. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for cheering me up when I was sad. Thank you for listening. Thank you for giving me one more person to love. Thank you for letting me dress you up when you were younger and going to the store when I didn’t want to go alone.

Thank you, Ryan, for marrying Heather. Heather really needed someone like you. Thank you for loving her and for treating her the way she deserves to be treated. Thank you for supporting my decision to marry Austin. Thank you for being a good dad and for being a fun person to talk to and spend time with.

Thank you, Jen, for being my soul sister. Thank you for understanding my sense of humor. Thank you for your friendship and for your support. There have been many times when a phone call from you is just what I needed to get through my day. Thank you for understanding me. Thank you for understanding that though we are different, that is okay and we can appreciate our differences.

Thank you, Cheryl, for loving Tyler. Thank you for being a part of our family. Thank you for bringing three wonderful boys into the world and for being such a good mom to them. Thank you as well for letting me watch your children. Not only did I get to know my nephews better, I got to develop a better relationship with you. Thank you for being a source of support for me and a good example on how to get things done.

Thank you, Jess, for marrying Trent. Thank you for being my friend. You are one of a few people in the world that I can communicate with without saying a word. Thank you for laughing at my jokes and for spending time with me. Thank you for listening to me and for giving me good advice.

Thank you, Justin, for loving HayLee and for being a longtime family friend and for being a part of the family. Thank you for your advice on real estate and renting. Thank you for getting along with my husband and for being a fun person to hang and joke around with.

Thank you Seth for being a good helper to your parents.
Thank you Cade for your sweet spirit.
Thank you Tyson for being so fun to play with and for making me feel better on bad days.
Thank you Preston for being so sweet and cuddly.
Thank you Mason for making me laugh.
Thank you Matthew for letting me read you stories and for being so silly.
Thank you Eric for your sweet smile.
Thank you to all my nephews on my side for being such great nephews!

Thank you Maddie for talking to me on the phone and letting me know what’s going on in your life.
Thank you Leah for loving my husband and for being such a sweet, kind girl.
Thank you to all my nieces on my side for being such great nieces!

This is the end of part one. Stay tuned for part two coming soon to a blog near you...

Comments

This is exactly the kind of post I needed to see. How was Hollywood expecting anyone to get through January without all the acceptance speeches of the Golden Globes? This definitely filled that void! :)
lynette said…
How sweet. Great post!
kristyl104 said…
Well,Tracie, once again you brought happy tears to my face. Thank you. I love you.
Austin said…
Tracie, your post warms my heart. It warmed it even BEFORE you started talking about me. :)

Thank you for having such a loving heart, thank you for being so forgiving, for being sensitive to the needs of those around you, for being such a great example of all you do. Thank you for loving me and being someone I can (and do) love wholly & completely with all my heart!
Heather said…
Wow, a really meaningful post that can make anyone feel appreciated.

Thank you for the reminders of what to be thankful for.

All these "thankful things," revolve around people, the way it should be.

Thank you for the kind things about me, my husband, and my children.

And hurry with part two!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2