Book Survey

Book that changed my life (not religious): How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Book that changed my life (religious, non-scripture): You Are Priceless: The Parable of the Bicycle by Stephen E. Robinson.

The funniest book I've ever read: "The Scorecard" by Greg Gutfeld

The saddest book I've ever read: A Promise of Forever by Anita Stansfield. I’m sure there are others, but this is all I can think of for now. This book literally had tears running down my cheeks. (I read it years ago.) It’s a story about a man who loses his wife to cancer and finds love again in his (unmarried) sister-in-law. (It’s weird, but it works.)

The scariest story: “The Tell-Tale Heart” or other Poe stories

Best Textbook I've read: The Non-Designer’s Design Book

Worst book I've read: Eragon

A book I'm embarrassed to love: The Death & Life of Superman

My favorite books (besides ones already listed): The Princess Bride, all of the Harry Potters, Beauty, The Prydain Chronicles series, Pride & Prejudice, How to Write a Damn Good Novel (and its “sequel”), Mount Dragon, and others. I just love reading in general.
My favorite children's book: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

My favorite authors: Crichton, Brown, Cook, Dickens, Shakespeare, Dr. Seuss, Bradbury

My favorite poet: Frost or Elizabeth Barrett Browning or Jack Prelutsky
My favorite short story: “The Lottery”

My favorite poem: “The Raven”

My favorite genre: Science fiction, thrillers
Book I'd love to see made into a movie: The Prydain Chronicles and I agree with Austin on Crichton’s Lost World. They totally messed up on that one.
Books I'd recommend to you (besides everything else listed): Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, Tell No One by Harlan Coben, The da Vinci Code, others I can’t think of.

Ok. Now, what are some of your favorites?

Comments

Rhea said…
Great list of books! You didn't like Eragon? I haven't read it (did see the movie) but my eleven year old did read it and loved it.

Some of my favorites are the Harry Potter series, of course, Lightning Thief and that whole series, and the other authors mentioned in my profile. I'm too tired tonight to go into detail. I loved reading your list though, thanks for sharing!
Kris said…
Was fun reading all the literary works that influence your life. Others words do affect us in many ways, whether written or vocalized.
JohansenWest said…
Did you like Neverwhere? I had a hard time with that one--I liked it all the way up to the end, then found the conclusion intensely unsatisfying. Have you read anything else by Neil Gaiman?
Austin said…
i know you didn't ask me, but i LOVED the ending of neverwhere, it couldn't end any other way, imho.

I've read Stardust, American Gods, Anansi Boys, Marvel 1602, and Coraline, love them all.
Heather said…
you will have to see my faves on the comment to austin's blog
Chasmira said…
Neil Gaiman is AWESOME!! Well, okay, I've only read Stardust, but I really loved it. I like anything by Diana Wynn Jones, J.R.R. Tolkien, and anything by myself(unless it turns out really bad)! Yes, I like to write books in my spare time, in addition to reading them. But, um, favorite books. . .I also loved the Neverending Story, Chains of Gold, and various other fantasy books. Oo! Don't forget Harry Potter as well. . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2