In Memoriam

Grandma Great died today. She was 91 years old, and she was my dad’s father’s mom. She was a happy person who had a lot of love to give. She always smiled. She used to hand-make gifts for all the grandkids. Growing up I received purses, toys, pillows, and various other items. Grandma Great was really talented at the harmonica. She used to play it at the family parties and get everyone to sing. I was never extremely close to her, but I loved her and I know she loved me. I’ll miss you Grandma.

Comments

I am sorry for your loss. I remember when my great grandma died- it was a bizarre feeling of sadness mixed with a sort of relief for knowing she was in a better place, and then guilt of coarse for the relief.
Kris said…
Thanks Tracie for posting about Grandma. She was a great influence for good in our family. We will miss her sweet spirit. She's dancing with Grandpa!
Rhea said…
I'm sorry about your grandmother. I didn't know my great-grandmother very well either, but she made me the most amazing quilt.

I love that she's dancing with Grandpa now. That's wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Untitled