Blog Challenge

I didn't blog at all in October? Dang. Oh well, that's all to be changing as I'm taking a challenge this month to blog every day. It will be quite a challenge since I rarely blog anymore. I actually have tons of stuff I want to write about but haven't been because
  • a.  I'm not sure it's appropriate for this blog (i.e., I really want to write lots of stuff about birth, pregnancy, feminism, breastfeeding, religion, etc. In other words, the causes I'm really passionate about. Seriously, just talk to me for 5 minutes and see if one of these topics doesn't come up.)
  • b.  I don't really have a lot of time
  • c.  I'm lazy
  • d.  I worry about what people will think about what I have to say. I don't worry about what they'll think of ME per se. I just worry that expressing my opinion on the things that matter to me will somehow offend them. And I hate people thinking that I think things about them that aren't true.
So what have I been up to? I've been working two full-time jobs: editor and mother. That's basically it. But in between that, in the month of October I:
  1. Went to a family Halloween party that was awesome mostly due to my game-planning self. Though the food was also awesome. And we had a chili cook-off and I took dead last, which was disappointing but not surprising. For the record, Austin and I think mine was the best. :) Also, we dressed up as the Rubbles: Betty, Barney, and Bam Bam. Our costumes were awesome I think. Courtesy of Savers and Mom's sewing machine.
  2. Went to the office for a Halloween potluck
  3. Took Morgan up to the office for trick-or-treating
  4. Held a dinner party over here for Halloween with Brett and Charlotte and Brittnee and Matt. We played more fun games. (I like games.)
  5. That's about it I think, which is sad. We need to do more.
 So get excited. You're about to get daily doses of the Tracie!

Comments

Yay! I need a totally terrific daily tincture of Tracie Time and her thoughts.
Lechelle said…
Looking forward to more posts from you!

Don't stress too much about offending people. Whatever you say someone somewhere will get offended, just try to be gentle about delicate situations. The other day my cousin blogged and compared her upcoming move to California (the same area where I grew up) to having a miscarriage (she's never had one). It's safe to say I was very offended. But that's life. I know I've said things on blogger that have offended people too. It will happen and that's ok.

I want to see pictures of your halloween costumes!
Charity said…
Yay! I'm glad you'll be blogging. Unleash those thoughts on the world, woman!
Tracie, I enjoy reading your blogs very much and I totally support you doing a new one every day.
Charlo said…
I like games too. For the record, I don't think any one of those subjects came up at the dinner party.

I think it is okay to put those thoughts here, but to keep it in balance. Don't let this become a never ending series of diatribes, but the things that you want to talk about are things about you, and this is your blog, not the worlds. So, ya, as long as every single piece isn't a bitter/vengeful essay on only the things that make your feminist-breastfeedings-self angry about pregnant religions, then I'll read it. And you don't usually go on strictly negative rants... You tend to keep it level headed.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2