Tagged

The Rules: Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. Players should tag a few other people and notify them they have been tagged.

Cheryl has tagged me, so here it is:

1. I like to call myself the "walking contradiction." This is because my personality is very contradictory. Case in point: I can't stand my house being messy, but I'm too lazy to pick up on a regular basis. I can let it get dirty to a certain point and then I have to completely sterilize it top to bottom, a process that takes several hours for my 850 square foot apt. I'm also a perfectionist, but I've learned over the years I couldn't handle the stress of being a perfectionist and so now have almost gone to the other extreme. I also love to be extremely organized and I get very upset when things aren't, but at the same time junk piles up around me until again I can't stand it and must organize, label, and arrange.

2. I'm a very smart person but my mouth doesn't work as fast as my brain. I think I have some sort of verbal dyslexia. Things come out backward when I talk. I say things like "I need to check my cash" instead of "cash my check." I write numbers and words down backwards and sometimes the strangest incomplete thoughts come out of my head. Also, I swear that I'm saying one thing, but it turns out that I actually said something different. It's a very weird feeling.

3. I also have my OCD tendencies. A few know of my one concerning cups. I must rinse out my cup, though I know it's clean, at least twice before using it. I've gotten better about this. I used to have to rinse it four times before I considered it clean. This all started when my brother Tyler told me a story of getting diarrhea from drinking soapy water. I also have an OCD about germs to some extent. My hands must be clean, and I wash them several times a day. When I'm cleaning my house or cooking, I wash them dozens of times. Of course here comes another contradiction: I bite my nails and am constantly touching my eyes and face and it doesn't bother me.

4. I am a paranoid, worrying type of person. I ask Austin every night before bed if he locked the door even if I saw him do it. I worry about things that I say to people and mull over things wondering if I hurt their feelings, if I said something inappropriate. I worry so much sometimes I can't stop thinking and thus can't sleep. I worry about decisions I make and whether or not I made the right one. I worry about things people said to me and wonder what they meant by it or is this person or that person upset at me. I also worry about people's feelings. This can be a good thing because I try to be sensitive, but it's bad because I worry about it way more than I should. I spend way more time than I should thinking about things that don't matter.

5. I love popping zits. Austin can painfully vouch for this. I get some perverse type of pleasure out of it. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't stop.

6. I don't have one talent that I'm amazing at. I'm mediocre at a lot of different things. I'm mediocre at guitar, piano, writing, drawing, and singing. And I'm okay with that. It used to bug me that I wasn't great at anything until I realized one day that most people are usually only really good at one thing. I decided I was happy being able to do many different things at a mediocre level then be great at any one of them.

7. I am extremely claustrophobic, well, more than the average person really. And I totally FREAK OUT whenever I feel trapped. I've been known to have panic and anxiety attacks only I didn't realize what they were until later. Because of this I tend to avoid stress, conflict, and confrontation. I also avoid them because I tend to be an extremely emotional person who can totally and completely snap. I worry that I might go crazy someday. Fortunately, I have a loving and supporting husband who keeps me happy, stable, and balanced. It is for this reason, among others, that I knew that I picked the right person for me.

8. I freaking hate clowns. They scare the crap out of me. I think they're wrong and they're not funny at all. They should be banned. I also hate Frank Lloyd Wright, Duchamp, Emily Dickinson, tapping noises, Paris Hilton, people who tell me to eat carrots, shushers, people who get my eye color wrong, self-righteous (Nazi Mormons), judgmental, close-minded, and fake people.

Comments

kristyl104 said…
Well, Tracie you laid it all out there. And I still love you. LOL. I knew about most of the things that you wrote about, but the part about being mediocre about your writing I definitely will have to disagree with you. If I could only write just a fraction of the way that you do, I wouldn't feel so self-conscious about the way that I write. Just admit it. You are dang talented! Thanks for the contradictions, it was fun to read.
kristyl104 said…
Well, Tracie you laid it all out there. And I still love you. LOL. I knew about most of the things that you wrote about, but the part about being mediocre about your writing I definitely will have to disagree with you. If I could only write just a fraction of the way that you do, I wouldn't feel so self-conscious about the way that I write. Just admit it. You are dang talented! Thanks for the contradictions, it was fun to read.
Heather said…
I have to agree on this, especially on the writing skills. I totally believe that your "GREAT NOVEL" is out there somewhere, waiting for the right time to be written. Funny how you talked about worrying about what other people think. I do the same thing too. Ryan has helped talked me through it several times, and has helped me adopt more of an "who cares" kind of attitude about this over the years. You all know how Ryan is. Funny also how we are starting to show some similarities. One thing is true though, we all do end up like our Moms, even though as teens we swear that we will not be like our parents. (not 100 percent, just the basic stuff)
Cheryl said…
If you McNeil girls were all the same age, including Kris, you would all be twins! So similar it's funny and scary at the same time. Tracie you are too funny, I didn't know all that about you.
tylerm said…
I had no idea that you hate clowns. They scare the crap out of me also. I am currently seeking help in the clown area right now, I will let you know if it works out!
Troy said…
Tracie, I cannot believe how much you and I are alike. You described me very well on some of yours (not telling which ones). Also, I cannot believe that Tyler actually got on and posted a comment. Way to go Tyler. And what is with the clowns? You two definitely need help. :)
Heather said…
I think the clown thing came about from the movie, "Killer Clowns from Outerspace." It was on TV one Friday night, and Mom and Dad were out on a date. Troy and I were in charge of watching HayLee, Tracie, and Trent. Tyler was in charge of himself. I remember that everyone except Troy and I getting scared from the movie. I thought it was such a cheap B movie. Does this stir up any memories on why you both hate clowns? We all never went to the circus as kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2