When it rains, it pours

Today...not the best day. We just found out that Austin is getting laid off. He has two more weeks and then one week severance pay. And yes, this happened just as he was supposed to be getting a promotion. It totally sucks. So we have to yet again find a new job for Austin. We really thought that we had finally found a stable and secure job. We're trying not to get too down. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good thing.

One kinda good news. I heard from Covenant. I'm one of the finalists and even if I don't get the position I will be able to do freelance work for them. So that's kinda good. I still have another two weeks until I hear back from them.

Austin is now officially registered for school. He's taking Math 1010 on Wednesday nights and Student Success something on Saturday mornings. He's retaking the Student Success class because he didn't do so well last time and he needs to get his GPA up. I'm sure he'll do awesome.

Before our insurance is up I have to schedule appts. for Austin and me to get into the dentist and the doctor for Austin. We want him to finally get his handicapped license. Plus we both need cleanings. I also need to get my wisdom teeth out but I don't know if there'll be time for that. Austin also needs to go to the eye doctor. He desperately needs new glasses. We have vision insurance so I need to find a place that accepts what we have so we can get him a checkup and new glasses before our insurance expires on Sept. 7.

Well that's that for now. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone knows of any good jobs that are hiring, let us know. And please remember to keep us in your prayers. :)

Comments

lynette said…
Ugh--I'm so sorry for you guys... we've definitly been there before. Just remember...
you gotta have faith-a, faith-a, faith-a!
Heather said…
Yeah, been there. The first year of year or so can be fun as a young husband and wife, except for all the things that life throws at you while trying to get a stable job. Be patient as it takes years to get to the ideal professional and stable job and your own home. I waited 7 years before Ryan's job became stable enough to be secure, and 11 years for my first home. The other advice is to hustle to get things done and take advantage of things like insurance before it expires etc. First rule to always follow: faith and prayers. You all are in our prayers. And we understand.
kristyl104 said…
I have no doubt Tracie that you will be on top again. I know that it can be very frustrating and think that all you have is a black cloud hanging over you all of the time. The Lord does send down sunshine for us. We will keep you both in our prayers. I'm excited about Covenant. Keep us posted on what is happening there. And we all know what a smarty Austin is. He will do well in school. He doesn't have to worry about finding his sweetheart, he's already found her. Now he can focus on his education and work. With your love and support he will do well. No doubts here.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2