August 2

Austin and I went to see The Dark Night on this night. (August 2 that is.) I really liked it. I don't think I can say I loved it because it isn't the type of story that I could really get into. It didn't make me think or feel anything (for the most part). However, I did think the film quality and performances were very good. The cinematography was very well done. I found Gotham to be a believable and real city. I loved the effects on Two Face.

My problem with the movie is it didn't have enough Batman for me. I felt like he was pushed off to the side a little bit. I found myself wanting to see Batman (and Bruce Wayne) more. For this reason I liked the first movie more.

But you could say this movie wasn't about Batman. It was about the Joker. And if you take it that way, the movie did succeed. I thought Heath Ledger's performance was amazing. I couldn't believe it was him. He succeeded in creating one of the scariest bad guys ever. He was downright creepy. When the movie was over, I was sad as a I realized that we will never again get a performance from Ledger. It really is a tragedy.

Anyway, awesome movie. See it if you haven't yet. Leave the kids at home.

Comments

Charity said…
Definitely in agreement. Not a movie for children.
Brittnee Ann said…
I'm glad you guys saw the movie, I personally love it just the same as the first. I loved it more because it was focused on the joker and what a great contribution for that being it was his last movie! I can't complain about it not being Batman centered because it gets me excited for the next movie wanting to see more of him...have I mentioned I am a batman lover...yup I love the new batman movies. The only complaint I have about the movie is Rachel. What a terrible new actress! I wanted the old one back.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2