August 4

It seems that I will be posting a day late for things. I'm finding this goal really hard. Austin and I don't do enough to have anything to write about. Let's see..yesterday I drove up to work, which was really difficult as I got less than four hours sleep the night before. I'm feeling MUCH better today as one, yesterday I took a 2-hour nap and two,I went to bed and got to sleep in as I'm working from home today. I've been having a really difficult time sleeping lately. Must be all the stress. Am I the only one who really can't function on small amounts of sleep? I used to be able to pull all-nighters every once in a while and get by fine on four hours of sleep when I was a teenager. And then when I was 19 I pushed my body much too hard by staying up too late, waking up too early, and working 8-hour days exerting physical energy in a warehouse. After a few months of this, my body collapsed from pure exhaustion and fatigue. Ever since then I haven't been able to function on low levels of sleep. Part of me worries that I'll be a bad mother because of this. I know that all mothers are sleep-deprived, and I worry that I won't be able to properly take care of my babies.

And now for something completely different. Austin and I are working on a not-so-secret project for my brother Troy. We are currently in the process of writing him a script for this activity thing that he's involved with. It's been a lot of fun. Once we get a final version, I'll post on it here for everyone to enjoy. Or actually we'll post it on Glass of Random. (Troy, the rough draft will be finished Wednesday. We hope to have a final draft by the end of the week.)

Comments

Charity said…
Hey I think you're doing great. A day late isn't too bad. :) You gotta keep it up. It gives me something to look forward to every day!
I like hearing from you daily! If you guys would like to hang out and get something to blog about that way, I am ALL about that! ;)
Jen said…
Tracie we can't wait to read all about it!!! Thanks for the help.
Brittnee Ann said…
...no you are not the only one that can't function on few hours of sleep....I can't either. It's especially hard when you have to work the next day. I do ok at work but when I come home to Matt, holy cow, the poor boy has to put up with the worst of me!
Kris said…
I get headaches when I haven't had enough sleep. And I just can't think and function 100 percent.

You will be a great mom. Not to worry. Just have to sleep when baby sleeps. Things just have a way of working out. Vitamins. They will help with energy.

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Taste Test 2013

Anxiety

Tracie's Journal #2